Mattia Binotto has confirmed that he will have to miss two more race weekends in the 2021 Formula 1 season.
- Binotto will stay in Maranello to control Ferrari’s switch to the 2022 regulations.
- The Ferrari team principal will probably be absent at the Mexican and Sao Paulo Grands Prix.
What he had to say:
- “I will skip at least another two races before the end of the season. So at the moment, I’m planning Mexico and Brazil. But obviously let’s see.”
- “The reason is, as you may imagine, especially Mexico and Brazil overseas, it’s a long trip. While here back in Maranello there is a lot to do, really much to do.”
- “It’s an entire team to manage, both the chassis and power unit and the entire organisation,” said Binotto. “And we are, in term of 2022 development, certainly in a critical phase where time is getting closer and closer.”