Lewis Hamilton admits that he does not pay much attention to the engine issues that Mercedes might have.
Why it matters: Toto Wolff has revealed earlier that the Mercedes power unit has “unusual noises”.
- Hamilton believes that he should not be the one worries about engine conditions.
- The Briton is confident that his engines are in good shape.
What he had to say:
- “I don’t really give any energy to it. It’s not my job to worry about that stuff, so I let the guys focus on that, worry about it.”
- “My engine is in good condition. My first engine, I think, did six races. We still have engine two, and I think engine three is still there.”
- “As far as I’m aware, hopefully I don’t have to [use a fifth engine], but I can’t predict what’s up ahead.”