Yuki Tsunoda says that he pushed hard to keep Lewis Hamilton behind him during Sunday’s Turkish Grand Prix.
- Tsunoda spent several laps defending from Hamilton during the opening laps of the race.
- The AlphaTauri driver wanted Max Verstappen and a fellow Honda-powered car to win.
- Limited mirror visibility as well as tire degradation played a role in Tsunoda’s spin during the race.
What he had to say:
- “I want Max to win. It’s the last year of Honda [with] Red Bull as well.”
- “I tried to hold Lewis as much as possible, I don’t know how many laps. I was trying to save more but I couldn’t.”
- “I just used too much tire early on battling with Hamilton. After that, it was really hard to keep up the pace.”
- “I had a spin and tried to go faster. Also [in] the mirrors, I couldn’t see anything because of, I think, dust. I just couldn’t see. I thought there was a car right behind me, so I had to push and spun.