Lando Norris is satisfied with the 7th place result that he has achieved at the Turkish Grand Prix.
- The McLaren driver admits that tire management played a big role in the race.
- Norris believes that he was not quick enough to make the overtakes in the final stages of the race.
What he had to say:
- “It was a very tricky race just because of the conditions, it made it very difficult. How much to push on the tires, how much not to, when to pit. It was just really up and down how the tires go, because it almost went to a slick tire, the intermediate.”
- “So it was just very difficult, very easy to make mistakes and go off and spin and so on. But a good day for us; P7 doesn’t sound good, but I think it was the best we could do.”
- “The last few laps we obviously got a bit closer to Pierre [Gasly], to Lewis [Hamilton], to Charles [Leclerc], but I think it was just impossible to overtake basically. I mean, it was possible to overtake, but when you’re roughly a similar pace and you’re going fast, it becomes a lot more difficult to overtake.