Charles Leclerc has reflected on the Turkish Grand Prix race, where he managed to finish 4th.
Why it matters: The Monegasque was in the position to either win or get to the podium at Istanbul, but lost the pace after pit stop and finished outside the top 3.
- Leclerc admits that he was not able to make the new tires work after the pit stop.
- The Ferrari driver does not feel much disappointed about the race result.
What he had to say:
- “It was a great race. On the first stint we were very, very competitive. Then unfortunately we were a little bit out of phase with the others on the second stint, stopping later.”
- “At first, in the first five, six laps of the others on the new inters, we were quicker than them on the used inters. But after six laps I think they cleared the graining and then they found a lot of performance – around three seconds a lap – and then we had no choice, we had to stop.”
- “For the last 10 laps I was just trying to switch on those inters that never really came to life. It’s a bit of a shame because that made us lose the podium, but I don’t regret anything.”