Mario Isola confirmed that the intermediate tire compound on Lewis Hamilton’s car was in very bad condition.
- The Pirelli head of F1 and car racing revealed that Hamilton was driving right on the tire carcass.
- Isola admitted that he was close to asking the teams to make pit-stops.
What he had to say:
- “Looking at the tires after the race, I would say no or, at least, it was really at the limit,” Isola told Sky Sports.
- “The wear of the tires, especially at the end of the race, they were running basically on the construction [carcass]. So it is a bit dangerous to push the boundaries like today, but I fully understand that in a race condition they have to maximize the result.”
- “I was suggesting our allocated engineers to warn the teams to change the tires, not to go to the end, because it was a risky move.”