George Russell has shared his feelings after a frustrating Turkish GP qualifying on Saturday afternoon.
Why it matters: The Williams driver was very close to another Q3 appearance, but made a big mistake in turn 14 at the end of Q2 and only managed to qualify 13th.
- Russell thinks that he has had the pace to make it to Q3.
- The Briton admits that he has done too many mistakes.
What he had to say:
- “It’s very frustrating because that lap would have probably been good enough for P5, a good six or seven tenths inside the Q3 cutoff,” Russell told Motorsport.com.
- “I was really pushing my limits and went over it twice today, which is two too many mistakes on my behalf.”
- “I’m a bit disappointed in myself, you know, we need these conditions to offer these opportunities. Today was an opportunity and I missed out.”