Daniel Ricciardo has commented on his Turkish Grand Prix qualifying, which was not successful for him.
Why it matters: Ricciardo finished only 16th in qualifying due to the bad timing of his final Q1 attempt.
- The Australian is not much disappointed after the qualifying.
- Ricciardo thinks that he is able to make a successful recovery drive.
What he had to say:
- “I think everybody was still improving and yes, if you had a magic wand, you’d probably want to be the last one to cross the line and there’s going to be probably some free time there, so we couldn’t plan any of that.”
- “It was yellow flags often into Turn 1 [so] that your lap would get aborted, and then you’re out of sync, so just the nature in these kind of changing conditions, but we didn’t get on top of it today. No big, sad story here.”
- “I don’t know if it’s going to be easy to overtake or not. I mean no track’s easy, but I think it’s possible. I’ll try to put on an attack tomorrow, put on a charge. There’s a few companions with me towards the back and hopefully we can put on a show and charge through.”