Christian Horner has spoken about Sergio Perez’s performance in the latest races.
Why it matters: Perez has scored only 16 points in six latest races, hurting Red Bull Racing’s chances to win the Constructors’ Championship.
- Horner emphasizes that the team needs Perez to score more points.
- The Red Bull team principal is confident that Perez will recover his form.
What he had to say:
- “We desperately need him to get up there in the remaining races.”
- “The last two races he could have been on the podium. We obviously had the track limit issue in Monza. He had a poor pit-stop in Sochi and then, of course, the tire choice that we were on proved to be the wrong one on that lap.”
- “So things could have gone a different way for him, but I’m sure that will sort itself out over the remaining seven races.”