Lewis Hamilton has reflected on a successful qualifying session at Istanbul Park.
Why it matters: The Mercedes driver set the quickest time in qualifying but will start the race 11th after an engine change.
- Hamilton is delighted with his performance on Saturday afternoon.
- The Briton believes that overtaking will not be an easy task on Sunday.
What he had to say:
- “It was really tricky – the session, in general, because there’s still some damp patches and getting the temperature in the tyres for the first lap wasn’t easy.”
- “But it was a really great job by the team. I’m so happy with the performance in terms of getting us out at the right time. Tomorrow’s going to be difficult, but I’ll give it everything.”
- “It’s not the easiest overtaking at the momen, and we’re all on the same tyre as well. So I imagine tomorrow’s going to be difficult to move up.”