Valtteri Bottas has commented on the conditions of Istanbul Park’s track surface.
Why it matters: Last year’s Turkish GP was affected by low grip at Istanbul Park due to track resurfacing and rain.
- Bottas emphasizes that the grip level has significantly increased this year.
- The Finn admits that the team needed to change the set-up because of that.
What he had to say:
- “There’s proper grip and actually I think it’s [now] one of the most grippy tracks we have on the calendar. It obviously makes the track more fun.”
- “It’s a pretty different approach with the car set-up compared to last year because of that, and we had to readjust quite a bit during the day.”
- “The main thing today was trying to adapt and trying to hit the balance. I think the starting point was a bit far off, but I’m sure it was the same for everyone.”