Red Bull and Honda will continue working together after the 2021 Formula 1 season.
Why it matters: The Japanese engine manufacturer will leave the sport after the end of this season.
- Honda will help Red Bull Powertrains work with the power unit in 2022.
- Honda and Red Bull will collaborate in terms of young drivers program.
- Honda Racing Corporation will be in charge of these operations.
- “In an operational change, all these four-wheeled motorsport activities will now come under the umbrella of HRC (Honda Racing Corporation), the company that has so successfully run Honda’s motorcycle racing activities for many years.”
- “This is to strengthen Honda’s motorsport operation and branding, making it more efficient integrating the technologies and experiences we have gained from both four-wheel and motorcycle motorsport activities.”
- “Specifically, HRC will support the Red Bull Group’s Formula 1 activity in 2022, taking charge of all the above-mentioned points.”