Pierre Gasly has reflected on the possibility to come back to Red Bull Racing.
Why it matters: Despite his impressive performance at AlphaTauri, the Frenchman has not been promoted to Red Bull.
- Gasly thinks that he has performed well at AlphaTauri after his demotion.
- Getting a seat in a competitive team remains Gasly’s goal.
What he had to say:
- “I think I performed at a very good level at Toro Rosso, better than I did in 2018 when I was given the opportunity. I’m performing at a better level and I’m more experienced.”
- “I felt that based on this year, I could have deserved a better chance, but that’s the decision. It doesn’t stop my motivation. I’ve been in Sergio’s position. Obviously, from a career perspective, my goal is to be at Red Bull, and there is no surprise in that.”
- “I want to be in a car that will allow me to fight for wins and podiums, and that will always be the target, because that’s what I am working for every morning, working on myself, trying to be a better driver to win races.”