Stefano Domenicali has shared his opinion on who is the favorite to become the F1 world champion in 2021.
Why it matters: The championship battle is heating up as only 2 points separate Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen ahead of the Turkish GP.
- Domenicali hopes that the title battle will continue until the Abu Dhabi GP.
- The F1 CEO admits that the teams can make an impact on the final result.
What he had to say:
- “I really hope [it goes] to the last corner of the last Grand Prix in Abu Dhabi, that would be terrific. From what I can see, this is a possibility that could happen,” Domenicali told Sky Sports.
- “I say it will be the best driver, but we don’t have to forget that the teams have to play a big role. Therefore, all the details make a difference.”
- “So that’s the beauty, on one side an incredible fight between two fantastic drivers, and the other side, the big tension between two of the most important teams of our competition.”