Fabio Quartararo is satisfied with his result at the Americas GP.
Why it matters: The Frenchman finished second at the Circuit of The Americas to extend his championship lead.
- Quartararo is happy to finish ahead of Francesco Bagnaia, who is currently 2nd in the championship.
- The Monster Energy Yamaha rider will not change the approach to the Emilia Romagna GP, where he can win the title.
What he had to say:
- “Yes, it was the best second place I did in my career for sure, because before starting that race I was feeling a little bit more stress to be honest.”
- “But from the first corner, as soon as you start the race, the stress is off and I did a really good race, and really happy because Pecco [Bagnaia] was super strong during the last two races when he scored 50 points.”
- “I think I don’t need to get obsessed with that [winning the title]. I mean, we have good points of advantage in the championship and I don’t need to think I need to take it in Misano, because last time at Misano Pecco was super strong.”
- “So, I will do my best there. If we achieve it there, it’s fantastic.”