McLaren’s Lando Norris has said that the 2022 F1 car feels much different compared to the 2021 car.
Why it matters: Formula 1 will have radically new regulations starting next season.
- The 2022 F1 car will be shorter than the current car.
- The new cars will lose significantly less downforce in the slipstream of another car.
What he had to say:
- “It’s a very different car to drive. In a way not as nice as this season.”
- “But I think hopefully that’s the same case with every other team as well. And we’ll see, there’s no point in trying to think it’s amazing or terrible.”
- “You just have to do the best job you can and hopefully, next season, we go to the pre-season test with a good car.”