Stefano Domenicali has spoken about Formula 1’s current approach to Sprint events in the 2022 season.
Why it matters: F1 looks to make modifications to the Sprint format after its debut this year.
- Domenicali confirms that Sprint will likely take place at one-third of the 2022 Grands Prix.
- The F1 CEO admits that the new format gets good feedback.
What he had to say:
- “It is something we want to keep for one-third of the races, more or less, and to connect with a certain different way of giving rewards and points, and to connect with specific circuits that as you know would make the difference,” Domenicali told Sky Sports.
- “We will involve all the stakeholders: broadcasters, drivers, teams, promoters and fans. We won’t forget our role is to take the right decision and to consider all the points and points of view of everyone.”
- “The vast majority of the comments we received were super positive. Promoters are super happy because there is something new and important on Friday and Saturday and Sunday.”