Marc Marquez has reflected on his dominant Americas GP victory last Sunday.
Why it matters: The Repsol Honda Team rider took the race lead at the start and won at COTA for the 7th time in his career.
- Marquez revealed that race went like he had planned.
- The Spaniard admitted that the Americas GP was likely his last opportunity to win a race in 2021.
What he had to say:
- “It was a perfect race, the one that I dreamed of last night. It is true that my plan was to try to lead the race from the beginning because the first laps were my weak points and then I tried to slow the race from the first four or five laps, and then when I felt OK, I just pushed.”
- “I am happy, really happy, because it has been a very hard season and sometimes I crash and I don’t understand, and sometimes I am fast and I don’t understand, and sometimes I am slow and I don’t understand.”
- “But this victory I was looking for because I know that maybe it is the last circuit with good conditions to win at, but my intention was to be strong, not like here, but strong in the last three races and try to be consistent and then let’s see.”