Jack Miller has expressed his frustration with the soft rear tire grip issue, which has affected his Americas GP qualifying.
Why it matters: Despite great performance in FP3 and FP4, the Ducati rider only managed to qualify 10th for Sunday’s Americas GP race.
- Miller admits that the lack of soft rear tire grip is a repetitive problem.
- Despite the issue, the Australian is set to perform at this best.
What he had to say:
- “I have a hard tyre on in FP4, I can do two tenths off the lap time I put down in qualifying, and I can do a 2m02.9s in FP3. So, I don’t know. It wasn’t through a lack of trying, I can tell you that. We know [it’s a repeating issue].”
- “Like you [Motorsport.com] said, it’s happened a few times and I can tell you one thing I’m getting f***ing sick of it. Anyway, we go forwards, hopefully it doesn’t happen tomorrow.”
- “I’m trying my best, keeping calm, trying to do my job, working for the race. What’s in my control I’m trying to do the best I can.”