Bruno Michel has revealed the biggest drawbacks of the 2021 race weekend format in Formula 2 and Formula 3.
Why it matters: F2 and F3 had a brand-new format in 2021 with 3 races and separate events.
- Michel believes that big breaks between events as well as the new concept of a race weekend are the main issues.
- The new format is made to simplify things and make the competition more exciting.
What he had to say:
- “We put up this new format because we wanted to try to simplify the cost issues because we knew 2021 was going to be a difficult season.”
- “But we also noticed that there were too much time between the races and that by doing that, we were losing a little bit of the excitement. So if you talk about the fans, obviously there was an issue and for the teams as well and for the drivers as well, there was too much time.”
- “Also the format, which worked very well on the track, was not so easy to understand. So that’s another thing that we want to simplify as well.”