Franz Tost believes that Max Verstappen is the title favorite in the 2021 season.
Why it matters: Verstappen is battling Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton in the closest championship battle that Formula 1 has seen for the last few years.
- Verstappen is currently 2 points behind Hamilton in the championship.
- Verstappen’s performance at the Dutch GP is the reason why Tost considers him as the title favorite.
What he had to say:
- “The answer was his home race at Zandvoort. If you can dominate in front of the frenetic fans in your home country with all the pressure of expectation, you no longer have to fear anything. That impressed me very much.”
- “Max cannot be thrown off balance. He focuses from race to race. He wants to win every race. If a collision is to be avoided, then he will. If not, then not. And that’s that!”
- “There will still be some exciting racing scenes in the future. And as for me: I would be happy if Max wins the title in the end.”