Valtteri Bottas is not concerned about Alfa Romeo Racing’s performance in the 2021 Formula 1 season.
Why it matters: Alfa Romeo is 9th in the Constructors’ Championship with 7 points scored after the Russian GP.
- Bottas is confident that Alfa Romeo is working a lot to bring competitive equipment in 2022.
- The Finn wants to win races at the end of his Mercedes stint.
What he had to say:
- “I know that they haven’t really developed this year’s car and they haven’t really progressed this year. But I know the efforts they’re putting in for the future so I’m not too worried, it’s not going to improve suddenly this season, for them. That’s a fact.”
- “But next year is different cars and everything. So I’m obviously more hopeful than what the results are now.”
- “I want to win. I want to win and also I really want us to get the fifth Constructors’ title and obviously, if it’s not me winning the championship, I want that to be Lewis. For me, individual race results. That is still the big motivation for me.”