Mattia Binotto admits that Ferrari’s latest power unit specification is an improvement performance-wise.
Why it matters: Ferrari has introduced the newest engine ahead of the Russian GP and fitted it in Charles Leclerc’s car.
- Binotto refuses to reveal the exact scale of progress.
- The Ferrari team principal is optimistic about the new power unit.
What he had to say:
- “No, I don’t want to quantify it [exact progress]. I think that is a fact of our confidentiality.”
- “It is a step in terms of performance, but as Charles and Laurent [Mekies] said already, more importantly for us, certainly it has pushed forward as much as we could with that new technology.”
- “It will certainly help in the view of 2022 in terms of the experience we can do.”