Charles Leclerc admits that he is frustrated because of the Russian GP outcome.
Why it matters: Despite starting from the back of the grid, the Monegasque made good progress, but sudden rain caught him out and he finished the race 15th.
- Leclerc thought about pitting for intermediate tires, but had to keep going, because Carlos Sainz had his pit stop at the same time.
- Leclerc believed that he could have handled the situation in the final laps better.
What he had to say:
- “I’m very disappointed with a race like this as the first part was looking extremely good. To finish 15th like this hurts.”
- “There was one lap where I doubted, but there was Carlos who was in front of me who was meant to stop that lap. I couldn’t stop at the same time. The lap after was already too late so at that point, I knew my race was compromised, so I tried to stay on slicks hoping the rain decreased but it didn’t happen.”
- “I will analyze after this weekend to know what I could have done better… because I feel like I could have done a better job as a driver to help the team take the right decision and that’s it.”