Pierre Gasly admits that he is unhappy with how things went at Sochi last weekend.
Why it matters: The Frenchman had a difficult Russian GP, qualifying 12th on Saturday and finishing 13th on Sunday.
- Gasly believes that there were too many mistakes throughout the weekend.
- The AlphaTauri driver thinks that the team should capitalize on opportunities better.
What he had to say:
- “It’s a shame because honestly, the car was once more competitive and we can’t allow ourselves to make such mistakes if we want to fight for fifth in the championship.”
- “In Monza, we qualified sixth. Again in practice, we were third and sixth on Friday, we had very strong pace on inters. When I see the last lap, we’re a full second faster than everybody on inters so the pace was again there.”
- “But we made too many mistakes and this weekend we didn’t deserve to score points. I think we just do too many mistakes.”
- “For all of us, we need to just work more and understand how to capitalize on such opportunities. It’s a tough one to take because there was clearly better to do, but hopefully, it can be good for the rest of the year.”