Toto Wolff believes that Mercedes should be aggressive in the championship battle against Red Bull Racing.
Why it matters: Only 33 points separate the Constructors’ Championship leaders after the Russian GP.
- Wolff thinks that the Russian GP results could have been better for Mercedes.
- Wolff admits that the Silver Arrows are yet to fully maximize the performance.
What he had to say:
- “In a way, we’re not maximizing our points scoring, and the same today.”
- “I think quali was all decisive. Valtteri going back [after an engine penalty] we knew was difficult, and we ended up with a first and fifth, and that is very good, no doubt about that, and it’s Lewis’s 100th victory. But Max recovered in a spectacular form, and that is not good for the championship.”
- “So in a nutshell, we just need to continue to be really aggressive in how we approach this season, not be defensive, but just move forward, in order to score these big points. Because neither us nor the others are really good in maximizing the points at the moment.”