Carlos Sainz is happy with how he has performed at Sochi last weekend.
Why it matters: The Spaniard qualified 2nd on Saturday and finished 3rd on Sunday, scoring his 3rd podium with Ferrari.
- Sainz thinks that it has been his best weekend at Ferrari so far.
- He praises the team’s strategic decisions.
What he had to say:
- “I think I managed to put a very strong weekend from practice, especially into Q3, and then a good start and good pace management in very tricky conditions.”
- “I’m not going to lie, I’m proud of the weekend. I think the team has also done a very good job with all of the pitstop calls, yesterday going onto the soft tyre at the right time, today going into taking the intermediates at the right time.”
- “Overall, I think it’s been my strongest weekend in Ferrari.”