Max Verstappen has sung his praises of George Russell and Williams for their performance lately.
Why it matters: George Russell has had points finishes in 3 out of the last 4 races, and has qualified P3 for the Russian GP.
- George Russell’s first podium came at the rained-out Belgian GP, just a month ago.
- Verstappen thinks that Russell’s results show Williams’ current progress.
What he had to say:
- “George for sure he’s a very, very good driver, but when you can do these kind of things, it also shows that the car isn’t that bad as people think.”
- “He’s scored points and had good qualifying’s, and for sure, in Spa, that car is not a Red Bull or a Mercedes, but they also ran more wing and more downforce.”
- “So naturally, everything just starts to become a bit closer. Nevertheless, he still did an amazing job, but I think people have to understand that that car isn’t as bad as people think it is.”