Max Verstappen is delighted with his result at the Russian GP this Sunday.
Why it matters: The Dutchman started the race from the rear but managed to get through all challenges and finish right behind Lewis Hamilton.
- Verstappen admits that the transition to intermediate tires was a difficult but at the same time right decision.
- The Red Bull driver is happy that he has managed to score a lot of points under such circumstances.
What he had to say:
- It was pretty tricky on the in lap to make the call to go to inters but at one point it was slippery and we decided at the right lap to pit.”
- “With the penalty we had, to be here and lose only one spot basically is really not too bad. When I woke up this morning I definitely didn’t expect this result.”
- “A lot of things happened on the first stint with a lot of cars fighting each otherand you got to stay clean and I think we managed that very well.”