Lando Norris is unhappy with his decision during the Russian Grand Prix which cost him the win.
- Rain came at the last stages of the Russian Grand Prix. Most of the drivers decided to go for intermediate tires but Norris kept his dry compound with the ambition of taking the victory.
- The rain intensified and allowed those with wet compound tires to capitalize on the conditions, with Norris struggling to keep control of the car and ultimately dropping from the lead to seventh place with his late pit stop.
What he had to say:
- “I don’t know where to start. Unhappy. Devastated. We made the call to stay out and we stand by that. It was the wrong one at the end of the day.”
- “I made the decision just as much as the team. In fact, it was more they thought I should box, my decision to stay out. I thought it was the way to go.”
- “Just a bit of a heartbreak. I felt like I did everything I could. Made a few mistakes but kept Lewis behind.”
- “It got a lot wetter than we expected. Especially when there are only two laps to go. We did what we thought was right. The guys did a great job all weekend.”