Red Bull’s team principal Christian Horner says P2 at the Russian Grand Prix feels “like a victory” after penalty, conditions.
- Max Verstappen started 20th at the Russian Grand Prix due to a penalty for changing his Power Unit. He finished the race in second place.
- Given the circumstances, Christian Horner calls the race “a victory” due to the great recovery.
What he said:
- “For Max, in the drivers’ championship it’s damage limitation which is fantastic. In the constructors’ we conceded points.”
- “Max nailed it. Made the right decision from P20 to P2 which is fantastic. The last two venues we knew that historically it’s a Mercedes track.”
- “It feels like a victory for us with the power unit penalty and grid penalty. That is hugely valuable.”