Lewis Hamilton has won his 100th race at Sochi during the Russian Grand Prix.
- The Mercedes driver managed to capitalize on the weather during the last stages of the race, having an advantage over McLaren’s Lando Norris who was late reacting to the conditions.
- Hamilton said “it’s taken a long time” to get 100 victories but is grateful to his team.
What he said:
- “It’s taken a long time to get to 100, I wasn’t sure if it’ll come. Lando did such an amazing job, he’s doing a great job for McLaren.”
- “I didn’t want to let Lando go but didn’t know what the weather was doing. I am incredibly grateful to the men and women at the factory and here.”
- “Obviously not the happiest with the job I did yesterday, subtle mistakes. So determined, woke up with pain in my neck.”
- “Max must have done a great job to come to second from last. I’m not sure it would’ve been tough to get past Lando.”
- “Then the rain came, the team did an amazing job.”