Carlos Sainz from Ferrari has qualified second for this weekend’s Russian Grand Prix.
- The Spaniard recognized Ferrari having a “bit stronger” weekend coming out of Monza.
- Sainz expects to be able to give fight to Mercedes and Red Bull’s Sergio Pérez.
What he had to say:
- “It was very tricky,” he said about qualifying. “To be honest, it was tricky from the begining. But from Q2 we could already see that the slicks could come into play. We had a very good strategy by coming in two laps before the end to get some temperature in the tires. Unfortunately, I was one of the first to cross the line.”
- “This weekend we seem to be a bit stronger. We expect the two Mercedes and Perez’s Red Bull to be a bit quicker. We will try to put on a fight.”
- “I will try to overtake Lando straight away, or else I hope to get a good tow.”