Pierre Gasly is dissatisfied with the outcome of Saturday’s Russian GP qualifying.
Why it matters: The AlphaTauri driver missed out on Q3 despite having a good pace earlier.
- Gasly thinks that running on old tires at the end of Q2 led to elimination.
- The Frenchman believes that he was capable of a much better result.
What he had to say:
- “We had the pace to be in Q3 easily. The car was very fast in these conditions, and then in Q2, we stayed out on track on one set, which was completely used,” Gasly told Motorsport.com.
- “I asked to box because I could see the track was drying. But we didn’t do it, and it was a big mistake and it cost us Q3.”
- “At the moment, I don’t really understand why we did that. Clearly, we paid a big price because, when you see what happened in Q3, it’s just a very big missed opportunity and I knew it.”