Jost Capito reveals that Alex Albon will have Red Bull as his personal sponsor while competing at Williams.
Why it matters: Albon joins Williams for the 2022 Formula 1 campaign, suspending the contract with Red Bull Racing.
- The Williams CEO and team principal admits that Williams and Red Bull have no link, though Red Bull will be Albon’s sponsor.
- Capito and Albon do not talk on corporate topics because of the latter’s current deal with Red Bull.
What he had to say:
- “He is a full Williams driver, with no contract with Red Bull.”
- “What he has is [that] Red Bull Thailand is his personal sponsor all through his career. And he has the right to have personal sponsors.”
- So he will keep Red Bull as his personal sponsor. But it’s not a Red Bull-Williams connection.”
- “His contract ends at the end of the year, so when we are talking, it is more personal stuff. It’s not technical stuff, because we keep that very separate. That’s the right thing to do.”