Robert Shwartzman is no longer hopeful of achieving an F1 debut next season, so he is now looking for other options.
- Shwartzman’s hopes of graduating to the vacant Alfa Romeo seat alongside Valtteri Bottas are quickly diminishing, so the Ferrari junior needs to search for other viable options.
- The young Russian looks to perform at his best in Formula 2, so that he could become Ferrari’s third driver, though the chances are not that big as well.
What they had to say:
- “I think from my side I need to focus more on F2 and if I am going to have the chance to get the third seat, I would be very glad and very happy.”
- “It is going to be an extra motivation for me, because obviously, it is a thing that will see me need to do some sim running to prepare just in case there is a chance of me jumping into F1 at some point.”
- “I need to be 100% ready for that chance because it is not really a high percentage of that happening.”