Despite a difficult opening day at Sochi, Daniel Ricciardo is optimistic about the rest of the weekend.
Why it matters: The Australian had an older power unit installed for FP2 after facing an issue early on.
- Ricciardo thinks that he will recover from all Friday’s problems.
- The McLaren driver admits that a lot of circumstances have affected his day.
What he had to say:
- “I’m confident things will be sorted for sure.”
- “A pretty unstable Friday but I guess the glass half full [approach is that it’s] better today than Saturday or Sunday, so hopefully that’s done and dusted now.”
- “But there’s no denying it, it obviously affected our day, and when we did get out there, there’s yellows, there’s reds and we’re trying to do a lap and people are on high fuels, so it was definitely messy. It disrupted really all of FP2…”