After finishing P3 in FP2, Pierre Gasly admitted that he does not feel very confident in his car around Sochi.
Why it matters: Gasly admitted that the pace is great at Sochi. However, he felt it harder than usual to drive his AlphaTauri, with the wind being a contributing factor.
- The French driver admitted after the session that the wind is making everything trickier around Sochi.
- He said that he is not very happy with how he feels inside the cockpit. However, he expressed it doesn’t bother him much as long as the performance is competitive.
It’s just harder than usual inside the cockpit, but I don’t mind that as long as we’re fast. Inside the car, it feels not easy – I’m not feeling 100% comfortable with the balance – and quite a few things are still to improve.Pierre Gasly
- The French driver admitted that despite being happy with the performance on Friday, the team needs to keep in mind that both Alpines also performed at a competitive level.
- “At the moment, we’re just trying to focus on our package and the main target for us is with the two Alpines – they are fast as well.
- “We saw Fernando and Esteban putting some fast laps. So I expect a tight battle,” concluded the Frenchman.