Mick Schumacher is optimistic about Haas’ current progress and about the team’s chances to improve the position in the pecking order in 2022.
- The German believes the fact that Haas switched to 2022 early should benefit the team.
- Schumacher wants to constantly get to Q2 and Q3.
What he had to say:
- “We know that we’ve started a bit earlier than anybody else on that project and we’ve spent most of our budget of this year on 2022 so hopefully that will give us a bit of an edge especially at the beginning of the year, and hopefully we’ll be able to say that we’re consistently in the points.”
- “In terms of qualifying we’re the closest to the cars ahead; probably in races we’re still a bit adrift and struggled to properly put everything together. But definitely the races this year have been OK at times but mainly difficult and the qualifyings have been quite enjoyable and definitely very fun to complete.”
- “I think this whole building up weekends… it is quite exciting and I can’t imagine the day you arrive in Q2 and Q3, to plan, and use strategy, I think is something that is quite interesting – and I can say that I’m very much looking forward to that.”