Charles Leclerc does not think that Ferrari’s newest MGU-H will be a breakthrough but believes that it will benefit the team.
Why it matters: The Monegasque has a new power unit for the Russian GP and will start the race from the back of the grid.
- Leclerc believes that he can make a recovery from the rear.
- Carlos Sainz will pay attention at Leclerc’s progress with the new power unit.
What they had to say:
- “We expect it to be a little bit better. We don’t expect big, big changes, but something that goes in the right direction,” Leclerc commented.
- “Let’s see. For now the forecast says rain. If it’s the case, then it might be quite an unpredictable race and hopefully it will play in our favour. But if it’s dry, if we have the pace, it’s still a track where we can overtake, so let’s see how it goes.”
- “I hope that it’s a good step and that we’re going in the right direction, and that I can see him being quick, because this will come to me also at some point during the season. And it should make our lives easier,” Sainz added.