Lewis Hamilton reflects on the crash with his championship rival Max Verstappen at the Italian GP two weeks ago.
- The Mercedes driver thinks that both him and Verstappen will learn from the incident.
- Hamilton believes that drivers should behave smarter while attacking for position.
What he had to say:
- “What is important is that we continue to race hard, but fair. I have no doubts that we will both be professional and learn from the past.”
- “I never expect a driver to back down. That’s not how I approach racing with any drivers. I think ultimately we all have to be smart and know there is a time you’re not going to make a corner but it’s all about making sure you live to fight at the next corner.”
- “That’s really just through experience you find that balance and you know it’s not all won on one corner, so there will be other opportunities.”