Sergio Perez reveals that the one-year contract with Red Bull Racing does not put more pressure on him.
Why it matters: The Mexican’s contract with Red Bull has been extended, however, only for the 2022 season.
- Perez admits that the performance is his main priority.
- The Red Bull driver assures that he has a great relationship with Christian Horner and Helmut Marko.
What he had to say:
- “To be honest, it is not something I think about at all. The only thing I think about is the next race weekend. The same goes the other way around. I’m not thinking ‘oh, I have a contract for next year now, so I can be more relaxed’. No, not at all,” Perez told Motorsport.com.
- “A couple of races before that [contract announcement] Helmut and Christian spoke to me. They said that I shouldn’t be looking anywhere else, because they are happy with me and want to continue.”
- “For me it was the same really, so it was pretty clear. We have developed a good amount of trust during this short period of time, which is important.”