Marc Marquez admitted that he is “far away” from fighting for the victory at a MotoGP race.
Why it matters: The Spaniard suffered an accident last year during the first round at Jerez and was injured, missing the rest of the season.
- Marquez said he is still suffering from physical limitations which prevent him for fighting for victories.
- The Spaniard admitted there are also issues with his bike.
What he had to say:
- “Of course, this fourth place [at Misano] is more important than second place last week [at Aragon]. It means more. But it’s true that my target is to try to fight for the victory, and I still feel far away from this.”
- “Okay, I finished fourth, but I feel far from the pace that Bagnaia and Quartararo were riding today. And Bastianini too, he was very strong.”
- “But today I realized that, although I still need to improve my physical condition, we also have some big weak points on the bike and without those we will be able to be faster.”