Franz Tost explains why Yuki Tsunoda stayed at AlphaTauri for the 2022 Formula 1 season.
Why it matters: Many people questioned the decision to retain the young Japanese driver for the next season.
- Tost thinks that Tsunoda has performed well this season.
- The AlphaTauri team principal believes that Tsunoda’s mistakes are a part of the adaptation to the sport and hopes that it is over.
What he had to say:
- “So far Yuki has done a reasonably good job. He was fast. He finished in Budapest in sixth position and his first race he was ninth in Bahrain.
- “Of course, he had some crashes but I always say the crash period is part of the education process, how will someone find the limit if he is not allowed to crash.
- “Now, I hope that this crash period is finished now.”