Haas’ Nikita Mazepin believes a chassis change allowed him to improve in pace and confidence.
- The Russian driver got a news chassis from the re-start of the season after the summer break.
- Mazepin admits it allowed him to regain confidence he had lost at the start of the season.
What he had to say:
- “I think our one-lap pace has massively improved ever since I drive from FP1 in Belgium,” he said.
- “The good thing is that the pace is here now, and we have a long season ahead of us.”
- “So I’m sure that it’s only going to get better, because the confidence that I have lost in the beginning of the year, when the car wasn’t doing what it was supposed to do, now it’s coming to the truth.”