Francesco Bagnaia admits the he has remembered about last year’s accident at Misano during Sunday’s San Marino GP.
Why it matters: Bagnaia was about to get his maiden Moto GP victory at Misano during the 2020 Emilia Romagna GP, but crashed in the final laps.
- The Ducati rider reveals that he has been close to crashing again.
- Bagnaia believes that the San Marino GP was more difficult than the Aragon GP.
What he had to say:
- “I was terrified in the last six laps to make the same error as last year, because I was thinking ‘don’t crash’ at turn 6,” he told Motorsport.com.
- “But then when it was remaining seven laps, I was close to crashing at Turn 1 because there’s a bump there and I was close to losing the front a little bit.
- “For me, this [San Marino GP] one [was harder], because this one is a shorter track with more laps and it’s more difficult physically this track, because you don’t have time to relax.”