Christian Horner is sure that Sergio Perez has deserved a new contract with Red Bull Racing.
- The Red Bull team principal thinks that the Mexican has met their goals and is an obvious choice for 2022.
- Horner expects that Perez will recover from a string of difficult races.
What he had to say:
- “We felt he showed enough to justify a new contract. He knew his role for this year: to help Max and the team win the title.
- “With a brand new car for 2022 and with the experience he has, it was obviously the right and logical choice to keep him.
- “There are some good races coming up for Checo and I have a feeling it’s going to be good. He’s had some bad luck and I think that will change.”