George Russell would like to see Robert Kubica’s return to full-time racing in Formula 1.
Why it matters: Kubica is currently Alfa Romeo Racing’s reserve driver and has replaced Kimi Raikkonen at Dutch and Italian GPs.
- Russell thinks that Kubica deserves to be on the grid.
- He hails the Pole’s performance at Zandvoort and Monza despite not the best timing of the comeback.
What he had to say:
- “It’s always good to have Robert on thee grid. Robert is a fantastic guy, a great driver. I hope he gets another shot in Formula 1,” the Williams driver commented.
- “I feel sorry for him because he got thrown in for FP3 onwards in Zandvoort and then he arrives at Monza and it’s a sprint event and you don’t have the time to improve the car.
- “But every time he jumps in, he makes the most of the situation. I think he did a good job this weekend and in Zandvoort. I hope we see him in Formula 1.”