Williams CEO Jost Capito revealed Williams’ plans for the 2022 season, which consist in establishing themselves as a midfield team.
Why it matters: Williams had been in a decline until it was acquired by Dorilton Capital in August of 2020.
- Williams has improved from his 2020 season, having scored 22 points this year so far, compared to the 0 points of last year.
- Capito says Williams’ plan for 2022 is to establish themselves as a midfield team, aiming to score 65 to 70 points.
What he had to say:
- “We want to establish ourselves as a midfield runner. This season, AlphaTauri is a midfield team: they have 68 points,” Capito said.
- “This time next year, we want to have 65 to 70. We still won’t see the full benefit of the investing we’ve done in the late part of this year. As well as owning it, we have to make the new plant and software work.”
- “I think we can promise a good step for next year.”
- When asked if he believes Williams can reach the top again, Capito said: “I absolutely believe we can.”
- “I would never take a job like this unless I believe it. That’s why I declined certain job offers in the past. Now I believe we have a realistic chance.”