Jackie Stewart shared his opinion about the Italian Grand Prix incident between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen.
- It’s the second time this season that the pair collide, both maintaining a strong rivalry for the championship title.
- The Stewards blamed Verstappen for the Italian GP incident, and so did Stewart, who said the Red Bull driver needs to mature.
What he had to say:
- “Verstappen is taking longer than expected to mature. Not even to go to see Hamilton after a serious accident when you have just driven over the top of the guy is something I don’t really understand,” Stewart said.
- “Max has quite a lot to learn, but who will he listen to?”
- If it weren’t for the Halo, Lewis could have died, and the supposed culprit only gets a slap on the wrist,” Stewart said, questioning the Stewards decision which he thinks should have been tougher against Verstappen.